web2tools

web2tools

Saturday, September 4, 2010

#15: RSS Feeds


I have used Feedly in the past so the concept of RSS is not so new to me but I am always open to try out another new idea in Google Reader. However, I am no expert in RSS matters.

Just having a regular delivery of updated information to your one website so lightens my research load! I find that having an RSS feed into favourite articles and blogs and wikis saves me time and energy by having a constant stream of fresh content arrive at my digital doorstep.

What made me sit up and think was that a presenter at the 2009 IWB Net Conference emailed me and thanked me for my posts on my ICTassist Blog. Furthermore, he stated that he had pulled in my updates through his RSS feed. Wow - I was discovered! Poor bloke has probably fallen asleep wondering where my latest posts have vanished to.

After creating my Google Reader I realised that I could add it as a gadget to my iGoogle Homepage! Smooth Tool! I can't do without an RSS feed - I need to eat and talk with my family sometimes during the day!

I came across Ensembli and I am intrigued by the fact that itclaims to work with you and over time learns what interests you.

The more you read, discard, or even ignore the stories Ensembli finds, the more it’ll be able to locate the stories that you’ll really like. It would seem to compliment Google Reader as Ensembli goes out and finds articles on tipics that I am interested in from webstites that I would not normally visit. The interface is very simple and intuitive

Does anybody on here use it? Any critiques or recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment